Thursday, August 9, 2007

I don't think there is too much for me to say what with Kevin's great post. I will single out one thing he said though:

[where we are]actually transported out of our usual frame of mind and into a place that has us deeply touched and in awe.

For me it's this. It's always this. It's about this. This is the end goal, in listening or playing. We can't always get there, we probably shouldn't either. But I think once we become aware of that place, it never leaves us and each time after that we arrive there again, it's familiar in the feeling that it gives us, but different in what is literally happening (different performance, different record, etc.).

This is one of the greatest things I think music can give us, because it is more than music at that point, and whenever something transcends it's own boundaries, we should never forget.

G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gregg, totally sweet post man!